Wallendorf German War CemeteryIn the former German frontline
Small German Cemetery
60 km east of Bastogne, just over the German border lies a little vilage named Wallendorf. This village was almost totally destroyed at the end of the Second World War. German soldiers were buried here by the locals, the graves were marked with wooden crosses. In 1950 the German War Graves Commission “Der Volksbund” created the current cemetery, the fallen were reburied at this place. The war cemetery can be characterized as sober, a large sandstone cross, litte paired crosses, stone name plaques and a low stone wall surrounding the cemetery.